Co-parent evicted and no longer has a house

Hey guys, don t mind about my long post!

My co-parent recently informed me that he, along with his wife, 3-year-old child, dog, and cat, are being evicted from their rental home in Virginia and have no stable place to move into. He mentioned staying in an RV at his father-in-law’s place in North Carolina, over 7 hours away, or getting a hotel when my kids visit him every other weekend.

I’m concerned about the stability of this living arrangement for our kids. When we were married, he had a stable job earning over $100k annually, but since then, his situation has declined, and he struggles with employment, making significantly less. He hasn’t been able to pay child support consistently for various reasons.

My main concerns are:

1. I want an assurance that he has a stable place for the kids to stay before they visit him.
  2. If he’s staying in NC regularly, which seems likely, I’m concerned about the feasibility of frequent visits because of the long distance.
  3. I already meet him halfway for visits, which is inconvenient. Will I need to drive even further now?
  4. If he stays in a hotel, I prefer it to be in Maryland for easier access to the kids’ activities.
  5. With summer approaching, where he typically has the kids for most of it, I worry about their well-being if his living situation remains unstable.

What options do I have in this situation?

Any advice would be appreciated.

It’s funny that when I asked whether they were driving, they sprinted away. I presume they also lack time and petrol money.

Submit a modification request in light of the altered situation. Given how much your situation has altered, I don’t understand why you would be denied.