Fl 150 income and expense declaration

I am the one requesting custody of my child(ren). When I complete all of my court paperwork and the father always shows up for the hearing without submitting anything and with a claim of unemployment, the hearing takes place. Can I take any action at all? Any suggestions? He travels constantly and is paid in cash.

2 Likes

In child custody cases, the court’s primary concern is what is best for the children. If you suspect the father is not being truthful about his employment position and income, you should seek legal advice to consider your options. A lawyer can help you collect evidence and properly present your case in court. They may also recommend taking steps such as requesting a formal income assessment or conducting an investigation into the father’s financial situation.

Remember that each case is unique, and you should seek legal assistance from an expert who is familiar with your individual circumstances.

Seek legal advice to address the father’s non-compliance and under-the-table income. Document his travel and cash earnings to strengthen your custody case. Consider requesting court enforcement for fair financial disclosure.