Looking for a sample parenting plan - details below

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this. I searched through the sub’s history but did not find any relevant information.

I am in Georgia, having moved here from North Dakota after filing a petition for legitimation. The mother is contesting, and my daughter is 2.5 years old. I am on my second attorney, but neither has experience representing a father seeking legitimation. Consequently, neither seems well-versed in creating a parenting plan.

I need a starting point—just a rough outline of what is typically included.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for an excellent website with numerous examples of visitation, check out this one:

The outcome will largely depend on what can be agreed upon during mediation; otherwise, it will default to the standard visitation schedule. In my state, this includes the 1st and 3rd weekends of each month, spring break, and alternating Christmas and New Year’s holidays.

While you can advocate for more time, it’s challenging and will depend on the effectiveness of your attorney and the discretion of the judge.

1 Like

This depends on your percentage of parenting time. For a 50/50 split, there are two common schedules: 2-2-3 or 7/7.

For example, with a 2-2-3 schedule:

• Sunday 5pm to Tuesday 9am (2 days)
  • Tuesday 9am to Friday 9am (3 days)
  • Friday 9am to Sunday 5pm (2 days)

This arrangement allows you to see your children more frequently and can be particularly beneficial for younger kids.

The 7/7 schedule involves alternating weeks, which might be simpler but can feel too rigid if it always follows the same days every week.

Lastly, my advice is to not rely solely on lawyers. They often prioritize their fees over your best interests. Instead, research your case thoroughly and seek multiple opinions through consultations.