Received a Mail About Car Warranty - Possible Scam?

(I hope this is okay to post here, unsure where else to go)

I recently purchased a 2017 Kia Soul from a used car dealership after having issues with my previous vehicle. The Soul now has about 42k miles on it. I received a letter in the mail about the warranty that stated, “Our records indicate that you have not contacted us to activate a vehicle service contract for your VEHICLE. Please call 1-877-839-1510.” The deadline was June 18th (yesterday), so I called since it’s been a long week and I didn’t think much of it.

During the call, I provided my card information without much thought as I’m currently dealing with personal issues. They scheduled a down payment of $162 and some odd cents for June 18th, my next payday. They claimed they already had all my information, likely from the dealership, and said they would send a booklet with all the warranty details, allowing me to take the car to any dealer or Kia for full coverage.

I am now concerned that this might be a scam, especially since they took my card information over the phone. I found conflicting information online and am wondering if anyone knows whether this is legitimate or if I should call back to stop the payment before it goes through.

The sender’s name is SAP - Service Activation, and the customer service number leads to Sky Auto Protection.

Edit: I’m in Colorado and purchased the car from Shapers Rides. I’m aware of the current lawsuit they’re under, but it has no relation to the warranty.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!